Thursday, February 24, 2005

Cute IBR Story

So the Germans were in town for IBR. I really wish I had more time to spend with them, but Kay will be back in March for work.

One morning I hop up to the Alan's hotel room. The Germans were just come out of their's. "Guten Morgen!" I say. "Guten Morgen," they say back. "Schlafst du gut?" I ask. [Did you sleep well?] "Nein," Tom replied. "Ich habe ein [something] an mein [something]." I didn't know exactly what he was saying, probably a slang term for something, or a technical term I wasn't familiar with. Either way, "Oh, es tut mir leid." [I'm sorry, or literally "It does for me unfortunate"]

I go into Alan's room. "Did you see the Germans?" "Yeah they were just heading downstairs." "How's Tom? He said he wasn't feeling well." "Oh. He didn't say anything to me." And then I pause. "Wait. You know what, I think he did... just in German and I didn't quite understand what he was talking about." :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home