Tuesday, February 15, 2005

Channeling my mother

So I'm sitting in my midterm last night, staring at this question. It's multiple choice, and I have to pick the right answer. Out of three choices, I could knock off one easily, but couldn't figure out which of the other two is right (or wrong as the case may be). I stare at it for awhile, and can't figure it out. I skip over it and finish the rest of the rest. I go back to it and stare at it. And stare. And stare. And stare. I can't find a single thing wrong with it. (It had to do with conjunctions, not necessarily grammatically correct, just a matter of style, as the whole test was about style.) At this point, I'm starting to channel my mother the English Teacher (TM). What would mom answer, what would mom answer. I'm not hearing an answer. I concentrate really hard. No mom. Finally at this point, I have to pick one of the two and I can't stare at it any more, so I picked which one I thought was better.

Turns out I was right. I still to this moment have no idea why it's right and not the other, but that's besides the fact. Maybe I was channeling my mother after all on some level I couldn't discern, but I figured it out anyways. Either that or just dumb luck. :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home