Thursday, February 24, 2005

Troy, the magnificient

Losing IBR was very very hard for me, but ya know, I got awesome friends, and then there's Troy. He's so sweet. I thought I'd share:

---------------------

Dear Joe,

I guess a wish of mine would have been to be able to be there to offer in-person support. I know you had friends there, but I would have whispered in your ear that you are accepted, loved and celebrated whether you are in full-leather, or a fur and a tutu. I know I would have seen that smile which was already famous to me.

In my mind you completely succeeded. You raised the bar for quality, and that will affect future events! That is _not_ a small thing. Even though I was not there, I know you did everything with quality, strength, and that unique flair you have which was already obvious to all of your friends and family who already know you and love you, who care intensely about you no matter how much money you raise or how you look in a leather vest. That definately includes me.

I completely support you in all of your interests and activities. If you want to run again, do it! Or wherever your curiousity leads you. Whenever I think about all my heros who went on to gain acclaim or excellence in their field, it was always because they wanted to do it for themselves, to satisfy their own hunger, their own need to find a project to focus their talents and ablities on.

Your decision to make a quality speech may have had effects you cannot realize right away, it may have touched someone or made a shift in someone who would not be able to verbalize it to you, or even themselves right away. You put a new energy into that room, and the world.

I ADMIRE WHAT YOU DID.

I THINK IT WAS INCREDIBLY BRAVE.

I KNOW YOU DID A GREAT JOB.

I kiss your hand,

-Troy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home