Monday, April 11, 2005

Oh my god, she's so awful

Okay, a few weeks ago, South Park had this chick from China named "Wing". Yeah, that's like her name. What I didn't know is she's actually a singer from China. As the story goes, someone from here in San Francisco (of course) found her out, and said "You know, you really gotta do an ABBA album and call it Dancing Queen." And so she did. Of course, this chick Wing thinks he's being serious. And this guy of course does it entirely as a joke. She's awful. I mean patently awful. I mean truly, truly, truly awful.

And that's the point. It's mesmerizing how truly awful she is. So much so, she got picked up by the creators of South Park to do the show.

So as it turns out, she did not only an entire album of ABBA covers, but countless other covers, especially of, um, well, yeah.... show tunes. From camp classics like "I Could Have Danced All Night", to, oh God, it pangs me to say this, the "Phantom of the Opera." Just listen.

And don't say I didn't warn you.

http://www.wingtunes.com/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home