Sunday, May 22, 2005

Look out the window and whadya see

There's one really really really really really great thing about my apartment. Actually, it's the best thing. It's the view. Because San Francisco is so hilly, most people some view... even if they have to go to their roof to get it. :-) My view is starts just at the edge of downtown, and you can see the Bay Bridge, SBC (formerly PacBell) Park and much of San Francisco Bay.

A friend staying with me asked me "You must spend a lot of time in front of your window." Honestly, no. I live here. I said unfortunately I spend 98% of the time hearing the traffic noise out front and 2% seeing the view, because, I live here, I have stuff to do. I only see the view when I pause for a moment, but I hear the traffic all the time. It's not bad really. You get used to it. I used to live in the Mission just two doors from the corner. My bedroom was right on the street on the second level. That sucked ass. My head was right by the window. My head was just feet from not the first car waiting at a light, but the second. So the second that light turned green and the car didn't move, a horn went off feet from my sleeping head. Not fun.

But I digress. So I live on a busy street, but it has a great view. So I woke up from a nap tonight (we love naps!) and was watching Jeopardy (it's the Ultimate Tournament of Champions). So I hear a car parked across the street with it's radio on loud. Now people are parked across the street all the time, because there's a scenic overlook. (I joke even my parking spot has a great view.) And normally there's like a handful of cars. So I looked out and there wasn't a single spot available. There had to be like 50 cars out there, some people double parked. I couldn't tell why for the life of me. Then I soon found out.

The Giants played the A's tonight in a rare Bay Series. After the game at SBC Park, they had a huge fireworks show. What do I do? Grab a chair and a blanket and head to the roof. It was pretty cool. I clicked a few photos, but because of the night shots, I had no tripod (I had no idea it was even going to happen), and so many are quite blury. I managed to get a few off though.



Not bad for a Saturday night at home. :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home