Monday, July 11, 2005

It's a small world afterall

It's an incredibly small world. I know I've told several people (but haven't talked much on my blog) that I was adopted, and I met my birth mother (Jeanie) for the first time last year up in Anchorage where she lives. On top of that, she had two daughters, Kate and Eli, who would be my half sisters.

So I talked to Jeanie on Saturday for a bit. A friend of Kate's from high school got married, so Kate and Eli were up in Anchorage. A lot of Kate's friends from high school were there for it, and so on one night, Jeanie had all the friends over at the house, much like they did in high school (although they had beer now!), had a bonfire in the pit in the back, made smores, etc. So Kate's friend from high school was looking at pictures and saw the one of the four of us sitting together from my visit. Kate's friend said "I know that guy!" Kate had told him about the story of her mother giving up a son for adoption, and that she met her now half-brother who's living in San Francisco. As it turns out, Kate's friend (I'm blanking on his name) came out a few years ago and moved to San Francisco. And as it turns out, he's actually a friend of a friend, and yes, I've seen him several times. (He's cute too! :-) ) A friend of mine from the East Bay is in The City this week dog sitting for a friend, so we went out to the Lone Star Sunday afternoon, and Kate's friend came up to me and introduced himself. It's actually funny because he had a full beer in his hand and as he tried to tap my arm, part of the beer spilled on my sleeve. Not knowing him (we'd never actually been introduced), I was half tempted to wipe it on him for spilling it on me! :-) Then he introduced himself and I stopped myself! :-)

Small world, huh?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home