Monday, March 07, 2005

Bears are smart too!

So this weekend, one of the things I managed to get caught up on was my Jeopardy shows (I have them "replayed", recorded on my DVR), 7 shows in all over the course of Friday, Saturday and Sunday. So it's the Tournament of Champions, and this bear Ed from San Francisco is on. I'm looking at him thinking I KNOW I've see this guy somewhere before. It's the Tournament of Champions, so he's a 5 time champion, so he has been on the show before, but I'm thinking, no that's not where I've seen him before. I know I've seen him somewhere in the city. After all, he is from San Francisco.

So I go out to the Lone Star for the Sunday beer bust with a few friends, and guess who I run into? Ed Schiffer. He hangs out at the Lone Star. I've never known him personally, but he does hang out there on occasion. I totally walked up to him and said "You're that Jeopardy guy, aren't you?" He was surprised that someone recognized him. I said "I just saw your show yesterday. I THOUGHT I recognized you from somewhere! Congratulations on winning. I remember it so well because I got the Final Jeopardy question and so did you, but the guy who was in the lead didn't, and I was surprised because if I got it and he didn't, and he was in the lead. Congratulations!" "Well, thank you!" he replied. I think he was a little surprised at the attention, so I let him be, but I was just more surprised to confirm he looked familiar for a reason. He left not long after. I didn't mean to come on like a groupie. *lol*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home